< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20060228">

Thursday, December 29, 2005

It's 3 am

Given the time of year, my posting will be pretty sporadic for the next few days... then again, you probably figured that out already.
  • I won't give you a regurgitated bit of sports-radio wisdom regarding the celebration of mediocrity that is 3/4 of the bowl game schedule but I'd like to present a new bowl idea dreamt up primarily by Coz .. the Polar Bear Bowl. We'll replace the Capital One or Outback Bowl with this gem and play it at Lambeau under classic Green Bay conditions. Players, most of which won't go to the NFL, will have a chance to play on this legendary field, Green Bay can have an extra boost to its little economy, and SEC fans can have another thing to bitch about... I doubt they'll travel well to a game like this but Notre Dame or a Big Integer team is involved, filling the seats should be no problem.
  • While the death of James Dungy was tragic and all, will someone ever question why his girlfriend went for a walk at 1 am only to return 10 minutes later t0 find that he'd hung himself and wasn't breathing? I don't buy it. Her story reeks.
  • I just pulled for Nebraska and let go a "whooo!" when that last ditch Cal-Stanford Band effort by Michigan ended in failure while Mike Tirico unobjectively emoted in the background. I feel dirty but what the hell kind of finish was that? If anyone knows how to fashion a cock up like this, it's Lloyd Carr. I hope Michigan holds on to this guy for another 20 years.
    • Season after season of collapses and coaching miscues will not prevent voters from placing Michigan in next year's pre-season top 5 or 10. Inevitably, the same voters will be surprised that the Wolverines were so grossly overrated when week 7 rolls around and UM already boasts 2 losses.
  • Watching Bill Callahan taste victory, even at the expense of Michigan, made me nauseous.
  • I forgot the NFL was playing on Saturday and didn't have my fantasy teams adequately prepared, but I managed to squeak out a championship win, besting Boss in the finals of the playoffs by 5 points. Steve Harvey finished 3rd, Beano came in 4th, and I'm not sure how the rest of the office fared. When I congratulated Boss on a job almost well-done, he threatened to fire me if I spoke of it again. This seems to be an abuse of power.
  • Lord help you if you are one of these girls: The Girls I Have Dated.
  • During Secret Santa activities at the office, one of the secretaries gave another a gag scratch-off lottery ticket. The ticket was a $100,000 winner and the woman started freaking out - it was the crying and the thanking God and the whole new lease on life deal. See, she's a single mother with a son in high school and a daughter in college and making $40,000 per year leaves money pretty tight. I don't know if she was planning to quit or what but after she told off a load of people she didn't like, I don't think she left herself many options. In any case, the gift-giver finally revealed the truth - naturally, tears followed and the woman went home for the day. I don't think she came back either. I found out tonight that the gift-giver has been suspended from work after the completion of the Christmas holiday and I have to agree with the move. You can't play with people's emotions like that, especially when they're in dire straits. In a similar and more amusing vein, check out this video: The Winning Ticket.
  • I need to surf and I need it bad... so much so that it's giving me the tinglies inside. My boyfriend misinterpreted my needs and believes that I'm in heat. If I can't ride the waves, I'll ride him instead with equal voracity but he can't rock me like the ocean can. Hopefully he won't read this and have an episode. If he does, I love you baby.. I'm dreadfully tired and this is all lies.